PDA

View Full Version : Text wrap around a complicated image

clivebeatty
02-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi

As a Graphic Designer I have designed a website in Adobe InDesign and passed it over to our webmaster to make it work. However, he is having a problem flowing the text around/alongside images as I have done. Is it possible to do this or should I re-design the whole thing keeping the images in a box so that the text can just sit next to it.

Any help appreciated

tux
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Hello Clive and welcome to DWC.

Could you please post your design so we can get an idea of what you want.

Regards, Paul

clivebeatty
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Tux

I have attached a lo-res pdf of an earlier design but you will still see from this the problem.

Thanks

mangofreak
02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
The way your text wrap around on the 1st and second image on the second row, it is not an easy task to achieve. I have seen attempts using CSS but I imagine that there could be many bugs since that level of control is not yet available, unless you of course use graphics.

However, if you think your text just as square or rectangular elements and your images beside, then it is doable.

I think that re-designing the page as you have already mentioned would be a better choice if you are in a hurry.

I think you are just facing a common situation when trying to apply the same principles techniques but in two different mediums.

Hope it helps.