PDA

View Full Version : Bringing .ai or eps image files into dwr

Ryan Mister Sir
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi I'm Ryan; I'm new to this site in fact new to using forum posting. I'm finishing school right now in web design and graphic design and my neighbor has asked me for my help. This will be my first real world paying job so I want to do it right.

That said I'm having a strange issue and little time to resolve it. I've gotten a few well laid out pages from the client to convert to Dreamweaver and connect up but they are all saved in Quark, I was able to open them in a copy of Quark I have (quarkxpress passport 6.1) but that's where my skills end with that program. I have been able to save it as an EPS an .ai and a JPG but I can't recall what the best practice is to bring this over to dwr.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ryan

domedia
01-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Ryan and welcome to the forums!

It would have been a great advantage if your school had given you some practical experience in this as well. Normally you want to save individual parts of the graphic to use in your website, as background images, or as content images. How did you school teach you the process from prototype graphic to HTML/CSS? Working with Quark should be very similar.

davidj
01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
i think photoshop can open eps files

use PS then slice those babies up

export for the web and include HTML

you will then have your template which you can import into dreamweaver

domedia
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Quark has the same option. But if you turn everything into images, you're going to get the same 'I cannot add text on top of the image' question because the basics of a web page is not understood.

Ryan Mister Sir
02-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks guys yes my prior class in web design did use the slices technique. I'm going to try that one first to see how I do. I completely forgot about that….you are Brilliant!!

Thanks for the help

Ryan