PDA

View Full Version : more than the tutorial - how to upload images to folder and database in one hit

nanny
01-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi I am wanting to keep records onto the database and in a folder. I have been able to use the upload to a folder but to inser the data into the database is hard especially if you have other items in the form e.g. name, address etc. because you want to have the records in one place.

Hope someone can show me how to incorporate the both...
Cheers
Theresa

domedia
01-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Nanny, can you explain why you would need to have the data both in a DB and in a folder? (Most people are going to tell you this makes no logical sense ;) )

nanny
01-29-2008, 07:22 AM
OK I want a hard copy of the uploaded image but at the same time it is a form to collect the users name, address, phone etc. and I was hoping to have the name of the uploaded image in the database. You see once the person has given form details including the image uploaded it goes to my shopping cart - I need to see the name of the image in the database matches the name of the image as it will depict where the image is to go on the site and I will need to place an expiry date to that file.
If a person uploads images over a period of say a month and want it changed I need the information in the database and in the folder.
I have no trouble uploading the image, or the information separately but whenever I try both the image either ends up as a weird file or it doesn't add data of any sort into the database. I have followed a few tutorials I googled but none work.
Cheers