PDA

View Full Version : FLV In Table Background

Ceb
01-24-2008, 04:36 AM
hi all, im new to this forum, not much to say about me, old style all the way ive avoided flash for years but am starting to become curious about swf files etc. my first query is this, can an swf file be used as a table background in dreamweaver? anybody ever tried this? ive tried it in mx but no luck at all, any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers yawl!!!

davidj
01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
you cant use an swf as a background

you can design your whole site in flash which means the background and foreground would be flash therefore meeting your reqirements

Remember to never get flash fever

people make nubee mistakes like adding flash nav bars and buttons. This is (IMHO) a misuse of the technology.

if your going to use flash the result has to have the WOW factor

best used where you need to display movie footage or provide 360 deg product overviews

car sites use flash allot

domedia
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Flash is an embedded object, so it can't be mixed with your HTML/CSS like that.
FLV is a flash video format, which can't be called to the page directly anyways.

Ceb
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks lads, i had a suspicion of that alright, ive been doing html sites for eight years or so and have never (till now) been tempted by flash, think i may just stick with the old classic

domedia
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't think of it as new vs old. Flash is an addition, not a replacement.
Compare Flash to Java if you want to, but comparing HTML to Flash makes no sense whatsoever. Flash is added to regular websites all the time.

Using Web Standards (HTML/CSS/JS ) is bleeding edge. Can you say AJAX and web2.0? ;-)