PDA

View Full Version : Copy and paste text and font

K.Simmonds
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I am trying to keep the same style of text and font as I have used in other documents on a web page. I have copied and pasted a bit of text in the correct font / size / colour etc, but when I paste it ... it changes. I have highlighted it selected the same style (in this case style 43). I have pasted it inside and outside a table but it makes no difference. I have attached a screen shot showing the style I want (at the bottom) and the style it has changed to in the table. Any ideas.

d a v e
01-22-2008, 01:17 PM
no screenshot there ?!

K.Simmonds
01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I did a screen shot and tried to attach it (upload under "manage attachments") but it didn't work. I think I should give up now). I'll try and send it again ... the size may have been too big. I could e-mail it to you if you would allow that.

d a v e
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
a url would be better but you can email me a screen shot to
gekkoweb[at]gmail.com (replace [at] with @ )

d a v e
01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
i haven't got room to upload the screenshot, but i don't think it helps much really - post a link to the page - it's a lot easier and we can see the surrounding code for the table and the pasted text (maybe write 'pasted text' next to the pasted text)

K.Simmonds
01-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I can't give you a link to the URL cos I haven't uploaded it yet - I'm still working on it in Dreamweaver. The screen shot is only 1199 x 799 pxls though.

d a v e
01-23-2008, 07:33 PM
i know but it's too big in filesize even after reducing it because my forum quota is near its limit, and i need to retrieve my ftp details for my web space...

can't you just apply the class (style43) to the text after pasting? is there some other styling interfering with the text when pasted?

K.Simmonds
01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Nope. It doesn't matter where I copy it, inside OR outside a table, it changes to what looks like a bold version of it ..... although all the settings in the properties inspector read exactly the same (Format = none / style 43 / font = aerial helvtica / size = 13). I've even tried re typing it from scratch with those settings, but it still looks bold.

d a v e
01-24-2008, 08:26 AM
well best thing then is upload it somewhere as a test page so we can see it ;)