PDA

View Full Version : Can frames be nested inside tables?

Oldsurf
01-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm in a quandary, please someone relieve my pain. I can create a perfectly fine web page using frames. But I want my new webpage to be centered on most browsers, so I used a table. But then I discovered that when using tables, you can't create a link to a page within your webspace/page and make it appear within a table on your main page, just like you can do with frames.
I'm a beginner-intermediate with DW & FW, and this is probably just a fundamental question. So how can I use tables like frames? Can the 2 be mixed? No, or not a good idea? If I want dynamic info to appear within a box (frame, table) on the homepage, must I only use frames? Will tables not work with this concept?
Thank you.

Cary
01-12-2008, 03:38 AM
So how can I use tables like frames? Can the 2 be mixed? No, or not a good idea?

You can't use frames like this, but I believe you can try an iframe within a table. Even then, iframes aren't the best way to go.

If I want dynamic info to appear within a box (frame, table) on the homepage, must I only use frames?

You can use includes instead of iframes. Look at this thread (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27066).

Will tables not work with this concept?

Yes, but frames won't.

Oldsurf
01-13-2008, 03:40 AM
That's a good answer. I'll research iframes and SSI's.