PDA

View Full Version : newbie Requires help

croc123
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi

Have just built my first web site, I have managed to get it onto the web without to much problem. It appears that some of the html code I have placed in Location page & contact & payment is not working.

My question is, should it work straight away as it appears on the server or is there some delay before the servers where the code came from, picks it up.
If some of the experts can have a look for me that would be great.

http://www.wisechoicevillas.co.uk

Thanks in advance
Croc123

Oldsurf
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Croc: I'm not a great DW "expert". But as an Internetworking pro, there should not be any delay or latency between the time you upload your web files and when the code begins functioning properly for the public www user. But there a few caveats. Most notably, if that particular page has previous or conflicting code from the previous version of the same page, you'll want to remove all of the pages old files from the hosting server. Especially be careful about files with the same name.
For the most part, the only delays with web pages properly behaving for www public users occur when you're changing DNS servers or moving to a new hosting service. I hope that helps. Good luck buddy.