PDA

View Full Version : How to locate DW CS3 site definition files

brownrecluse
01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi, My Dreamweaver CS3 needs to be reinstalled, and I can't open it up to do the export site settings, so I'm trying to located where DW CS3 stores all of the settings for each site I've set up including username, password, etc.

I know that when you manually export a site, it creates a .ste file for each site, but I don't see those files for the currents sites I have.

I'm looked thru my system, application prefs, etc and can't find any files that would be those settings for all of the sites I've defined.

Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

davidj
01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
don't uninstall it

just install it over the top of the current version and i think the site definitions will be retained

im guessing here but there may even be a repair option when it detects a version

brownrecluse
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi, I'm actually doing a complete erase and install on my mac with leopard, I should have done it when I first got Leopard because I haven't done a clean install in about five years, so I won't have access to any of the files.

I was thinking there has to be a set of files somewhere that stores those settings....thoughts?

txs,

JEff

davidj
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
i think the sites are compiled and accessed when required