PDA

View Full Version : New To Dreamweaver

caseynall
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi all -

I am very new to the dreamweaver program - I have experiance designing webpages in Microsoft Front Page and in PUblisher - but I am having a difficult time navigating my way thru dreamweaver - does anyone have any advise that could help me out?

Thanks so much for any help or adivse you can give me

~Casey Lynn~

Ariel
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi caseynall! I'm new, too. Just for your own information, the Lynda tutorials at lynda.com are great for learning about all sorts of things. Hanging out in Borders or Barnes N Noble, sipping lattes, and reading everything you can get your hands on helps too. LOL! For me it has been a very long process. :)

domedia
01-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Dreamweaver has a learning curve.. so looking through the help files helps alot. Also read through tutorials on places like dreamweaver.com, this site and like Ariel suggested; Lynda.

Jittor
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Welcome Caseynall!

I would go through the help files like Dom said first and get a basic understanding of the layout and such, then try Lynda.com or some of the tutorials here.

There is a learning curve like Dom said but once you get the hang of Dreamweaver you will never go back to Front Page. I used FP before I used Dreamweaver and I hated it. When I learned Dreamweaver I looked back at Front Page and laughed - you'll see what I mean.

d a v e
01-03-2008, 04:46 PM
and you really need to make sure you learn some html and css so you know what's happening - it will make everything a lot easier in the long run
e.g. from here
http://www.htmldog.com/

or then http://www.w3schools.com/

euww - imagine using publisher to make web pages :)

davidj
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
euww - imagine using publisher to make web pages

imagine using dreamweaver to make PHP pages!

double euww!

Slimfish
01-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Hello Casynall! Have fun in Dreamweaver, its great. :)

blanchard
01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
hello to both

Slimfish
01-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Hello to you also Ariel. Sorry didn't see your post there. :)