PDA

View Full Version : Where on Dreamweaver is .....

Jenny Brandis
01-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Way back when Macromedia bought out Homesite (told you is was way back) Homesite had a feature that would verify links from outside your site. eg: my links page on cemeteries in Australia that linked to all over the net could be checked with a single click of the mouse button. Homesite would go off and check each link, giving me a report at the bottom of the screen so that I could fix any broken links.
As you can guess, I would like to do the same with Dreamweaver and I think/hope it has the same ability - but where?

Can you help me please?

d a v e
01-02-2008, 10:32 AM
i think DW only checks local links but you can use this
http://validator.w3.org/checklink

Jenny Brandis
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Thank you Dave, but it only checks one link at a me, if you check out one of my links pages you will see that they hold several hundred links between them, checking each one would be a nightmare so I may have to find that old copy of Homesite and try to get it to work on - gasp - Vista.

domedia
01-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Thank you Dave, but it only checks one link at a me, if you check out one of my links pages you will see that they hold several hundred links between them, checking each one would be a nightmare so I may have to find that old copy of Homesite and try to get it to work on - gasp - Vista.
Look at the tool one more time, it will check your whole website., just make sure you specify the depth.