PDA

View Full Version : Help with php

hmobley
12-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I have a site up and running and have to add a php script to the html site. I have the script up and running on my wamp server, the script indicated to name the php script to index.php, and so on for the other three pages, I can't do that and have a index.html page also, I need to know how to put this php up on the host server linked to my html site. Appreciate any help at all! hosted at godaddy, they are no help. I am new to php. thanks!

davidj
12-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Do you have PHP support with your host??

What does the script do?

hmobley
12-29-2007, 06:12 PM
oh yes php support, such as it is, godaddy is one of the largest, however, most tchs there don't have a clue, they say its a code issue, I'm using dreamweaver 8 and the script was installed by the software company, its a script where you upload info, in this case, its a business which sells businesses, a business broker, and then we will have a database of listings. the site www.opt-1.com (http://www.opt-1.com) if you wanted to look at it. I need to figure out how to link the php pages (4) with the site. I have built many sites, but none with php or a database. thanks,

davidj
12-29-2007, 09:12 PM
i cant do this for you but i am willing to teach you to code PHP

hmobley
12-30-2007, 02:19 AM
yes thanks, I did get the three php pages put up into the folder on the host server. I need to wait till Monday to talk again to the program guy, The pages work on my wamp server, not on the host, I'm sure there is some little something I'm overlooking or missing. I haven't even tried the set up a data base yet, thats my next issue. I need to have these pages working first. However I can use all the help I can get. this is the first time I have ever messed with php or any script. I am going to review your tutorials, thanks

davidj
12-30-2007, 09:46 AM
please post the code here

hmobley
12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Do you mean the php page, I have three, index, registration and index2. the pages work when connected to directly on the host server, but not thru my site. not quite sure what you mean when you say post code here. Pls let me know and thanks a lot!

davidj
12-30-2007, 06:13 PM
you need to learn PHP

you are not ready to resolve this issue until you have covered the basics. Once you have do that then return here and we will sort out your problem

go to the tutorial page on this site and cover PHP basics