PDA

View Full Version : greetings

Ariel
12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Hello everyone! I have been an artist since the dinosaurs roamed but am new to web design. In days of old, we worked on drawing boards and used PMT cameras. I also have done lots of work in black and white darkrooms. I have used Photoshop for years but am new to Dreamweaver, so I am looking forward to being able to come to a place where I can learn a great deal more.

And yes, I will be sure to do searches for info before I post. ;)

davidj
12-29-2007, 06:34 PM
welcome Ariel

domedia
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Ariel, great to have you here! :)
You've chosen one of the hardest paths. For some reason traditional media designers have the hardest time understanding the web medium.

Ariel
01-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Thank you for your welcomes, David and domedia. I really appreciate it.

domedia, yes you are right. It is hard being that I am an artist first and a computer person second. And the Web! Whole 'nuther ball game. However, in the old commercial art days, we had to be somewhat technical because of the equipment we used. It is a good thing I'm not having to make a living doing that these days! LOL! I am just doing it for fun. ;)

Jittor
01-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Ariel,

Welcome to the forums, good to have you here! I too was an artist first, and spent many a nights in a dark room and at my drawling board. I gather that I am some what younger than you though so my transition was not a bad. Photoshop is my second wife and Dreamweaver is now my third. Just know that we are here to help when ever you need it - and we enjoy hearing of days gone past.

And yes, I will be sure to do searches for info before I post

WOW, we don't hear this to often do we guys?

davidj
01-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Photoshop is my second wife and Dreamweaver is now my third

i would say mistress as they dont complain about picking up your undercrackers off the floor after a night on the guinness!