PDA

View Full Version : Vertical lines

K.Simmonds
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I had these instructions to create vertical lines, and I'm sure I've actually used them before, but I've now got Dreamweaver CS3 and i can't seem to do it. This is mainly because I can't find "manage styles" in the property inspector. I've copied the instructions .... any idea how I should do it in CS3 ?

Vertical lines are done by selecting a solid right / left border in a table cell.

In property inspector box at the bottom, click the drop down in the “style” box, and select “manage styles”. Click new, then “advanced”, and “this document only”.

In the selector box, type .borderright or .borderleft (remember the dot), then OK

In the next box, select “border” and deselect “same for all” checkboxes. Then select right or left, and select “solid line”, “thin”, and “colour”.

Click “done”, and close down. Now select table cell again, and apply style.

Cary
12-18-2007, 01:04 AM
In property inspector box at the bottom, click the drop down in the “style” box, and select “manage styles”.

Just click the New CSS Rule button instead.

K.Simmonds
12-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi. Where is that then ..... and what if I'm not using CSS ??????

Cary
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
It's at the bottom of the CSS Styles tab. I'm not sure how you would do something like this without CSS. You might use background images. The instructions you listed are for CSS.

domedia
12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi. Where is that then ..... and what if I'm not using CSS ?????? Like Cary said, the instruction you have is for CSS, which is how you style things on the web :) HTML is for structure and CSS is for styling. The basics of a vertical line next to an element is:
element {border-right: 1px solid #000;} Edit to your heart desires