PDA

View Full Version : ONE or TWO CLICKs

CosmoGirl123
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi all

On the MAC you click ONCE on button but on PC you must DOUBLE click...is there something I can do to have a one click on all?

Is it something about "Microsoft - click to activate" with my flash files?

Where/how do I fix this?

Thanks a big bunch.

CosmoGirl123

davidj
12-14-2007, 06:21 AM
where do you have this problem on the vids

Jittor
12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
This makes no sense to me?

Are you saying, that when you view a flash file on a PC you have to click twice to play it, Once to activate and once to play. But when on a MAC you only have to click to play it and not to activate it?

If so MAC browsers are different than Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE), which I am assuming is what your using on the PC. unless the code it written to go around the "Click to activate" IE will always do this - It's a Microsoft thing. If you use FireFox (FF) you won't see this problem.

MAC browser - Safari or FF you wont get the "Click to activate because they are not Windows / Microsoft based browsers.

If these are your flash file, Dreamweaver has code that fixes this problem. I would do a search for it. If they are file on someone else's site, then that is their problem and they need to get with the times.

domedia
12-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Only IE has had the 'click to activate' msg.
Since MS is no longer making browsers for the mac, they will never appear there.

Jittor
12-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Since MS is no longer making browsers for the mac, they will never appear there.

Thank GOODNESS! When they stopped making IE for MAC a couple years back we MAC users had a secret party - It was huge! Good times:)

Only IE has had the 'click to activate' msg.

Ya, that was another brainy way MS tried to make things "Safer". It accomplished nothing but a headache for us.

davidj
12-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Ya, that was another brainy way MS tried to make things "Safer". It accomplished nothing but a headache for us.

i thought it was done to remove themselves from any litigation. Advice from their legal people

i also heard that it will no longer be an issue in the new year as they are removing it

Jittor
12-14-2007, 03:39 PM
i thought it was done to remove themselves from any litigation. Advice from their legal people

I heard that as well, but I was pretty sure the later on they found this wasn't an issue any more. Instead of fixing the issue that passed it off as a new "safety feature".

i also heard that it will no longer be an issue in the new year as they are removing it

The sooner the better!

domedia
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
IE5.5/mac was truly a browser I hated... I can deal with regular CSS bugs for IE on PC, but the mac version had it's own little crazy group of bugs that was so friggin hard to debug for CSS websites.

Jittor
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
I hated it too! Your so right in that. It was so weird how screwed up it was on MACs. They just couldn't get it together for the proper displaying on MACs OS. Using Safari was better but then I didn't like Safari that much either. And thankfully now we have firefox. Which was rated #1 browser in 07 by the way.

domedia
12-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I just realized that Safari was available for Windows last week. Love it. Actually Firefox have had such a bad habit of crashing on me lately, that I've been testing a few others. I still think Opera is the best browser ever, but I also think that Safari and Flock beat FF. I still use FF in all development though. Cannot live without the Firebug extension, it's actually hard to believe I was able to do front end web dev without it earlier ;)

Jittor
12-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I haven't used Opera, but I have Flock and it's not to bad. I haven't had any problems with my FF. That's weird that yours is crashing a lot. Why do you think Safari beats FF?

domedia
12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I haven't used Opera, but I have Flock and it's not to bad. I haven't had any problems with my FF. That's weird that yours is crashing a lot. Why do you think Safari beats FF? Only think Safari is better for regular browsing because it doesn't crash like my FF does ;)