PDA

View Full Version : Windows to Linux switch

crys94
12-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I recently started up my own webpage and at first it was on Windows hosting, but the hosting tech support told me to switch to Linux hosting since I am including an order form on my website and need php codes. My problem is that after I switched to Linux, everything works fine except for the flash movie (swf) that was playing on my homepage. I called the hosting company and they told me that I need to change the scripting to fix this problem. Can anyone help me figure out this problem? Thank you so much.

d a v e
12-13-2007, 08:20 PM
"I called the hosting company and they told me that I need to change the scripting to fix this problem. "

well if the hosting company told you this then they can tell you what you need to change as they know what's wrong, surely?!

domedia
12-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi crys, if you need us to help you with something, you have to show us what it is. :)

crys94
12-13-2007, 08:33 PM
They said they have no idea what kind of scripting I need to change, but they think this is the problem since the flash movie was working fine in the beginning with Windows hosting, but stopped working when it got switched to Linux hosting. Does this sound right to you? I'm fairly new to all this, so I thought someone on this forum could help me out.

crys94
12-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks domedia. I have the site up at www.stylemydvd.com. The flash movie should be playing in the top left column where the pink bar is.

domedia
12-13-2007, 08:53 PM
It seems to be there:
http://www.stylemydvd.com/New.swf
But it's just a pink color. Are you calling any external files from your swf that are missing by any chance?

his page is hosted free, courtesy of GoDaddy.comŽ
I assume this is only for development :)

crys94
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
That's so strange...hmmm...no, I'm not using any external files from my swf. And yes, I'm using the free hosting at the moment until I get everything working perfectly. THEN I will get the real thing! ^_^ Thanks for checking domedia!! I will see what else I can do to fix this problem. If the swf doesn't work, I'll juts have to place a jpg there for now.