PDA

View Full Version : rain text effect

indianleo
12-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Hello Friends I want to give a rain drops falling effects

in that i want to insert some text so it should look like text in rain drops are falling down please help me its very urgent

davidj
12-11-2007, 06:30 AM
there are loads of scripts out there if you look

what help do you want?

you want me to write it for you so you can cut n paste

indianleo
12-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks Bro,
But I want to know how to do i in photoshop

davidj
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
you want to create an animated gif of rain falling but instead of water you have text

??????????????????

indianleo
12-11-2007, 09:14 AM
no actually i want to create a rain drops falling and inside that drops text will be place and it will be static

davidj
12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
i would check out photoshop actions

CosmoGirl123
12-11-2007, 11:40 AM
There are many ways that you could do this...This what I am picturing...in Photoshop draw a raindrop shape (using the path tool, then fill with a colour - perhaps light blue). Then with a whiter colour set at 30% start in the centre of the drop and create a highlight. You may also want to pick a darker version of the blue colour and add some shadow around the edges (with the path/selection still on). Once you are happy with the look of the droplet apply the type on a different layer. (you could get fancy and have the type be different shades of grey/bluish/steel colours - you would need to rasterize the type). Make a copy of your drop layer and hide it. Using drop2 play around with the transparency of the droplet in the layers menu.
If you like it this way. Great. However if you still need to keep parts of the droplet more opaque (perhaps the edges) then go to drop1 and play with transparency there to..perhaps eraser the centre of the droplet and keep the edges at 80%. Hope that helps. It could also look cool to distort the type alittle to fit the drop shape.

CosmoGirl123
12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
A long time ago there was a plug in that did waterdroplets. But it is probably faster to just create it from scratch. (well for me it is, as I am an illustrator :)

davidj
12-11-2007, 12:29 PM
nice one Cosmo

got any examples of your work?

you could enter our christmas banner competition

Jittor
12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
You can also create a rain drop with the pen tool filling it with white. Then you can add a bevel and emboss to give it depth and roundness of a rain drop. Then drop the Fill down to 0%. This will leave the bevel and emboss but take out the white giving it a clear rain look. You can then add some more glow by adding some gradients and even ad some color changing the bevel and emboss color.

This is one of many options. This way is also used to create condensation on bottles and cans.