PDA

View Full Version : How do I make sure email and passwords match?

woofy
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello, I set up a Database where users can register and login to my website, the only thing I am having a hard time figuring out is how can I get the verify email, and verify password fields to work. Right now you can type in two different emails and two different passwords and it will still allow my guests to register. I want it to not allow this, so that my guests when registering must enter the same exact data in both the password and email feilds. Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!

davidj
12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
what language you writing this in

woofy
12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi, I am using PHP, if thats what you mean, I have the table set up with all the fields, it looks fine in dreamweaver but when I preview the page using XAMPP it will allow me to enter whatever I want in the second password field. It does not require the fields to match like I want it to. Can I fix this before it even gets that far though, like in Dreamweaver using the spry validation widgets, or do I have to adjust this in the PHPamin folder? Also whenever I have someone register it puts ALL there data in twice, I can just delete it but how do I keep it from happening. Thanks!!

davidj
12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
did you hand code this or use dreamweaver to write it

woofy
12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Ive just been using dreamweaver no coding.

davidj
12-11-2007, 07:33 AM
you need to learn PHP

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-mysql-apache.php

once you have followed this then come back and we will show what you need

neonfluxx
12-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Use the yaromat extension and it will let you accomplish this.

http://www.yaromat.com/dw/index.php

davidj
12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
neon

i hand this thread over to you

domedia
12-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Thread is open for anyone, except DJ, which has to go back to the PHP forum ;-D

davidj
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
i just peered into the Event Horizon

i scared

im out of here!

neonfluxx
12-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Woo, those hand coders sure are touchy :mrgreen:

davidj
12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
not touchy

just frustrated because i cant help someone who asks for help

not without writing it for them

are you going to do this?

lux
12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
learn to code - be happy

press some buttons in dreamweaver - enjoy your nightmares

hehe

neonfluxx
12-12-2007, 01:00 AM
DJ,

You and I know that there is no way you can sit here a code for the members. You have worked your ass off for this forum making vtm's and being very active answering questions. The issue we have in the forum is that most people want a quick fix. Not many of the members want to learn coding. They are so used to this interface and extension solutions, that they want the fix now. I was like that too, but watching your post and watching the vtm's I understand the importance if learning code. I have begun learning code properly and am very thankful for your insight,

The members here want quick fixes and I was a master at quick fixes before I started learning things correctly. I give them the quick fixes so you don't have to deal with the headaches.

Thanks for all you do! Please don't take offense to any of my suggestion. It's not a competition, it's support for all of us.

Speaking of that, I have a question or domedia. Dom there are a lot of questions on the forum about video editing. I am a professional editor. I have my ACE certification and have done projects for movie houses and tv productions. Would you be interested in a editing section. I could help support that.

davidj
12-12-2007, 06:49 AM
learn to code - be happy

press some buttons in dreamweaver - enjoy your nightmares

hehe

my thoughts explained in 3 lines

in the words of mr burns......

excellent!

davidj
12-12-2007, 07:06 AM
You and I know that there is no way you can sit here a code for the members.
yep
You have worked your ass off for this forum making vtm's and being very active answering questions.
thanks... I'm also very attractive to the ladies
The issue we have in the forum is that most people want a quick fix.
agreed

Not many of the members want to learn coding.

thats their fault

They are so used to this interface and extension solutions, that they want the fix now but when the extension doesn't meet their needs you come in with a written solution which they paste in.

which means we are a solution forum. A script writing forum. Coder for hire but without the exchange of any monies
. I was like that too,
me too
but watching your post and watching the vtm's I understand the importance if learning code.
nice one

I have begun learning code properly and am very thankful for your insight,

no problem, any time

The members here want quick fixes and I was a master at quick fixes before I started learning things correctly. I give them the quick fixes so you don't have to deal with the headaches.

I'm nearly forty so i have a right to moan... at my age i have a license to winge

we have 2 options....

provide the solution time and time again
encourage to codeam i sounding like a broken record

domedia
12-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Interesting topic, but off topic. Let's take it into another thread guys so we don't hijack this thread :)