PDA

View Full Version : complete site is on the internet, but can't access it locally

marcia
12-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Finally finished the site multiplechoicebags.com and uploaded it yesterday. Now, I can open each page individually, make changes, but when I went to manage site, the site was no longer in the list.

Thinking that I could download (import) the site now. Obviously am doing it wrong as it doesn't appear anywhere that I can locate. I don't know what names to use, how to write the extentions, and where to put them.

Or 'get' the site. Don't seem to have the correct names tho have all my FTP information.

What to do? :confused:

domedia
12-03-2007, 08:59 PM
A little confusing.
Do you have a local copy of the website you do development on? This is where you do changes, on local copy, and this is what your 'manage site' will refer to.

marcia
12-04-2007, 12:10 AM
At my wits end. Local site just upped and disappeared. Don't have a clue what I did, and it seems that the place I had it stored is also gone. I need a retrieval miracle. Thanks for answering my plea.

By the way, how do I reply to a private message? And what does <v mean, if you know?

p.s. At least the site is on the Internet, even tho there is one incorrect price.
Want to import, copy, or 'get' site from internet, but don't seem to be able to. Guess I need the path, and I don't have that.

marcia
12-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Dom -

think I got that miracle. Will work on this again tomorrow (Guess it's tomorrow already in England)

M

edbr
12-04-2007, 04:23 AM
do you use an ftp program for your uploads (or downloads)?

marcia
12-05-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes. thanks for your interest. I finally figured it out and indeed it was an FTP problem. I reconstructed the first page of the form, and voila - up sprang the ghost of files, in the remote. So I've gotten the files back to their warm, cuddly local home and all is well.

M

Cyberspace is a mire of wiley ways. You really need to be on top of them, or, at least, open to all sorts of connundrums. Whew!

Now, I have problems with Outlook Express - it never stops...

davidj
12-05-2007, 06:49 AM
sit back and chillax m

neonfluxx
12-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Get a mac and watch the problems leave. Microsoft is a piece of shite.;-)