PDA

View Full Version : Asp.net 2.0 intellisense ?

papillon68
12-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello everybody, I'm very new to Dreamweaver and I have always used Visual Studio. I'm now willing to give it a try to Dw, since I hear it is considered the best web design application out there.

However, I have a question about Asp.net code: there is the possibility to have Intellisense just like in Visual Studio ? In VS, i had a separate class file for the code, and there all the functions where easily recalled by Intellisense, which suggested the right method options etc.

Is that available also on DreamWeaver, because I tried and could not find it ...

Thanks

davidj
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
there are no ASP or ASP.NET experts on here.. (want a job?)

i code OOP PHP and dont know of any functionality which monitors and functions in your class. Im afraid your stuck with a very expensive note pad when coding. The only benefit really is the tedious HTML tools which help

Cary
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Basically, people who use ASP.Net 2.0 and such also use programs designed for that purpose such as Visual Studio as you mentioned or Expression Web. Some use the .Net related programs to do back end stuff, and DW for the front end.

There's just no way for Adobe to keep DW up to date with Microsoft's proprietary .Net framework, whereas Microsoft's own programs, such as Visual Studio and EW, are updated right along with the .Net framework.

Or, at least this is what I have been lead to believe...