PDA

View Full Version : Need to recreate FTP folder...

crw22
12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I have an issue that I need to somehow resolve hopefully with the help of this community. I'll first give you the backround of how I managed to get to errors-ville.

I made a temporary page to go on my website...but it was more like my first try to upload a half finished site (dont ask why, i just did it for whatever reason).

Ok so i had up one page, with no links working (didnt care at that time). Just wanted to see how to upload, etc.

I remade the site entirely yesterday. I deleted all those original files and then deleted them off the remote server (yep, theres the issue).

Apparently I need to recreate the / folder...what does that mean? I have no clue but I think the tech guys are correct.

I'm 100% new to dreamweaver and the site is very basic...im not trying to get in over my head.

but now every time i go to "put" this new better version of the site up I get an error.

I think its because of the / folder not being there. I dont recall actually deleting that, but its gone so i must have.

ive double checked permissions, ftp info, name, password, all that. i click "test" and it says i connect. when i try to "put" this is the error i get:

An FTP error occurred - cannot get remote folder access.
Access denied. the file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

but i think the whole issue is not having the (/) folder there. I just dont know how to fix that.

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated. If you see this past 4pm please email me any suggestions

mesmer22@gmail.com

I'm just at a loss. Thanks.

crw22
12-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Every time I click to connect to my server that error pops up. Since this is all new to me I don't know what else to check. Bleh :(

crw22
12-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Some screenshots of before trying to connect and the error I'm getting after I click connect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/icelandblue/Picture3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/icelandblue/Picture4.jpg

crw22
12-01-2007, 08:23 PM
support guy just emailed me to say he reset something and to try connecting again in 20 minutes...I'm praying that solves all this.

crw22
12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Well I'm just going to place the progress here. Just in case anyone actually goes through what I'm going through.

Tech support (from the hosting service) has managed to get the remote folder and files back. I can clearly see them and am able to connect.

However, I still see an Error Access Forbidden text when going directly to my website. I should see the index file that is in the remote folder...its all there, so it should show up now.

I'm guessing this whole thing is just an issue between me and the hosting service.

Either way I'd just like to say, at least they're staying on top of it and they seem to be working to fix it for me even though this was probably all stemmed from something I did incorrectly. Lesson learned :)