PDA

View Full Version : html outlook email

m1a2x3x7
11-30-2007, 07:51 PM
hey guys I'm trying to send an html email using the steps neon suggested using a stationary in outlook and something weird is happening. I have two background images inside two different tables. One of the images is showing up but the other image is not and I'm not sure why. Here is my code and any help would be great.

<table width="700" height="905" border="0" background="http://www.ibj.com/webdev/IBJ/webSites/NewAdvertiserLetter_print/images/bgimage.jpg">
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top"><p>&nbsp;</p>
<table width="550" border="0">
<tr>
<td align="center"><strong><font size="3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">THANK YOU FOR ADVERTISING IN I<em>BJ!</em></font></strong> </td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<table width="497" height="255" border="0" background="http://www.ibj.com/webdev/IBJ/webSites/NewAdvertiserLetter_print/images/newspaper.jpg">
<tr>
<td valign="bottom"><table width="454" height="100" border="0">
<tr>
<td width="40">&nbsp;</td>
<td width="410" align="center" valign="top"><p><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">We want to ensure our advertisers of our commitment to producing a quality publication &ndash; with equally visible and effective advertising. </font></p>
<p><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please note that newsprint printing behaves a bit differently than most magazine and sheetfed printing. So read below how your creative can print to full potential.</font></p></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="620" border="0" cellpadding="10" bgcolor="#c7daf1">
<tr>
<td align="left"><table width="600" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="center"><strong><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">FOR BEST PRINT PRODUCTION OF YOUR AD, WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING:</font></strong></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<font size="1"><span align ="left"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">When preparing the file, have the color pulled back about 10% (of each process color) to ensure that the color will print the way you intended &ndash; understanding that <strong>your ad will print approximately 10-15%% darker due to dot gain</strong> on the press.</font></span><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font> </font></font><br />
<p align="left"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>Please provide a press accurate proof</strong> of your ad file as requested on our media kit &ndash; showing the printer and ourselves how you intend for the final ad to print (with dot gain). This is also something the printer and IBJ can keep on file for reference as long as the ad runs. <br />
<br />
Note that it is the nature of web printing and newsprint paper to stretch and bounce &ndash; making it a challenge to register elements, especially with thin or small white type and rules. Due to these variances &amp; limitations with web printing &ndash; we recommend <strong>keeping colored type &amp; design elements large &amp; avoid using small reverse copy</strong> (and other design elements) if possible. If reverse type is necessary - please use a bold to medium weight and keep the type at least 10 points in size. For best reproduction, also avoid using 4/c black. </font></p>
<p align="left"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newsprint is an absorbent paper. Inks can saturate the paper and slightly &ldquo;bleed&rdquo; outward, softening images and elements. For best image reproduction, <strong>sharpen your image</strong> a bit more than usual &amp; <strong>make sure your ink densities stay below 260%</strong> to eliminate &quot;bleed through&quot; on the page.</font></span></p></td>
</tr>
</table>
<table width="600" border="0" cellpadding="10">
<tr>
<td align="center"><p><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you have any questions on technical terms or guidelines you read in our media guide or on <br />
this sheet, please feel free to contact your sales representative. Your rep can provide <br />
some easy solutions to ensure your complete print satisfaction. </font></p>
<p><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can also go to &rdquo;proofs.ibj.com / more services / how-to&rsquo;s&rdquo; in order to read how-to tutorials <br />
on how to prepare and provide your ad files to achieve best ad reproduction. </font></p>
<p><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you &amp; happy results!</font></p>
<p><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ronnie Bullock<br />
Advertising Art Manager, IBJ Media</font></p></td>
</tr>
</table> </td>
</tr>
</table>I am using complete linking for the images too.

Cary
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Both images showed up for me.

neonfluxx
12-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Are you using Office 2007? Because if you are that is the problem. I posted a article about this. But in the short. The idiots at Microsoft now use the word render agent as apposed to the IE rendering agent. REAL SMART RIGHT!!! Work doesn't support background images.

Link to article: http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26787

m1a2x3x7
12-01-2007, 05:52 AM
its not. its 2003 thats the funny thing both images are set as table backgrounds but one image shows.

Cary the reason you see both images is because your viewing it in a browser not in an email program.

Cary
12-01-2007, 08:20 AM
I just tried it in Outlook Express 6. Both images showed before sending and after receiving, but I also don't have Word on my computer.

m1a2x3x7
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
wtf man...I'll have to try it on express.

edbr
12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
I often use foxmail. it has a good use for multiple accounts and template making and selecting options and its free

m1a2x3x7
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
hey cary can you send it to me. cschultz@ibj.com