PDA

View Full Version : php 101

edbr
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I have been working to get away from DW code for php and have pretty much got it locally. I uploaded th site to a spare domain name i have just to try it and it is not working. the problem is connection to the database.
Actually it works sometimes so I guess it is a problem with cache somehow but it does work locally.
I have reached the stage of changing stuff without much logic behind it, so time for a break

I know this is vague, but is there something I should be looking at/for?
the url is www.bali-exotic-villas.com if that helps

edbr
11-27-2007, 10:58 AM
I just aw this works http://www.bali-exotic-villas.com/urlaub/villa.php?villaID=luxury%20paradise

this is a page (villa.php) I am still using DW code on as I haven't got to it yet, there has to be a clue there.

domedia
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
The server code is already parsed, so viewing source in the browser displays none of the server side code. Is this a question about the server side code?

edbr
11-28-2007, 12:05 AM
not sure what the question is , kinda frustrated!! no the set up works locally om my local apache server when i uploaded it , not so much. I was just looking for where to look.
i will delete and upload again today,as i have obviously done something wrong somewhere. I am happy I tested it live like this though

davidj
11-28-2007, 08:41 AM
is this an intermittent problem

edbr
11-28-2007, 08:55 AM
yes. I refreshing either makes it work or stop working.
I am trying to clean up my coding which is messy I admit but as I said it works locally.

davidj
11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
need to see your code

however badly written syntax would just fall over. It wouldnt be an intermittant problem.

post your code please

edbr
11-29-2007, 03:12 AM
I have bad connection link . i will reload and see what happens, crap I hope thats it, even if i do feel stupid