PDA

View Full Version : Multiple repeat regions

simon157
11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi, I hope I can explain this properly. I am creating a new page for my website which list thumbnail images and their titles. Please see the link below.

http://www.back-garden-moths.co.uk/databaseintroresultsmacrothumbtest.php?speciesID=r ed

The problem I have is that the thumbnails are linked to the navigation at the top of the page and the text list isn't, so when I click ' next ' then the thumbnails change but the text list doesn't. Could someone tell me how I can link the two into the same navigation?

The recordset for the thumbnails is called ' speciesdata ' and that is linked to a horiziontal looper, and the text list recordset is called ' list ' and that has the standard repeat region.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help. The page is almost finished but this seems to be causing me a few problems.

Thanks

Simon

tux
11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the DWC Simon,

I think your problem is because you have two recordsets.

If the text and the thumbnail URL's are in the same database table you should only need one recordset.

Once you have this you can add the text and thumbs to the page from the one recordset and then do your paging.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, Paul

simon157
11-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for your reply Paul. I've tried using the same recordset for the test list but nothing prints when I do that. Could it be that I can't have two repeat regions for a single recordset. Hope you can help me solve it.

Thanks

Simon

tux
11-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Are the thumbs and text links populated using a common ID from the database?

What is the 'horiziontal looper'? Is it a third party plugin?

Going out now, if no-one else has sorted it I'll have a think about it tomorrow.

Regards, Paul

simon157
11-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi paul, yes the horizontal looper is an extension I added in. It allows the thumbnails to go across the page which I don't believe you can do as standard in Dreamweaver or do you know of another way. Would it help if I attached the code for the page?

Thanks again

Simon

simon157
11-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi, I've attached the file in question just in case that helps sort it out. Just nned to somehow get this finished off.

Please excuse the state of the code, it's a real mess.

Thanks

Simon