PDA

View Full Version : new problems with web site

marcia
11-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Thank-you all for the comments you made on my last thread. I have cleaned out my files, straightened out my file structure and things are looking up.

So now:

1.on page susanschwartzeditor.com/testres.html
it's correct in IE, but in Firefox the turquoise color 99CCFF has turned to black. I can't even find the reference for the color in either the CSS or the HTML.
If you can, please tell me where, or what the problem is. Perhaps it's not a safe color for Foxpro?

2. on page susanschwartzeditor.com/ssindex2.html
this is correct in Firefox, but the images don't come up in IE:confused:

Your help is much appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the US:lol:!

edbr
11-22-2007, 03:21 AM
.style38 {
font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 14px;
color: #CF96CE;
font-weight: bold;
}

I would reduce the number of styles you have you dont need this many

re images you have called images A2.JPG IE finds a2.jpg case sensitive so change this

marcia
11-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Will do.

Also noticed on a friend's computer, that the text in IE is also black on the testres page.

The layout is also not good on a large screen, so will change that to pixels instead of %, if I can.

I can do a find and replace, but how do I just do a find in my HTML?

I'm working in Dreamweaver 8 on a PC - forgot to mention that.

marcia
11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
to edbr,

just saw your bali website. Love it (and also wish I could go to the place). Hoping my site will eventually have some of those wonderful features. Did you use Dreamweaver?

Cary
11-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Looking at your pages, there are several links to files on the server which don't exits and files on you local computer which can't be accessed by the web.