PDA

View Full Version : working with dwt

ayok
11-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi, I have questions about working with dreamweaver template in localhost server.

Before make the pages, I make my dwt, but then the links I made are not the right links because I didn't know the exact links yet. After I made every pages and apply the template, then I corrected the link.

But the problem is, the links on my localhost aren't automatically updated. Then I overwrote the files on my localhost. However, the links doesn't change either. I just managed after I delete the files/pages from the server, and reupload the files, and then open it in dreamweaver. This is too complicated. Is there any simple way?

What is the meaning of the red tick in front of the file name on the files panel?

How can I apply the template to every page from the template instead of from every page?

Thank you,
ayok

ayok
11-21-2007, 06:34 AM
nobody understand my question?

edbr
11-21-2007, 07:05 AM
not really.
you have set up dreamweaver so the site has a remote / testing server?
tehn when you have changed pges you "put" . the files and they will be overwritten on your server (localhost)
Or have I completely misunderstood you.

davidj
11-21-2007, 08:01 AM
or you can have them upload automatically on save

configured in the define site dialogue

ayok
11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi guys,
thank you for replying.

I have done exactly like the tutorial in this site about defining the site on localhost, and everytime I make a new page, it does automatically upload to the localhost. But the problem is, when I edit the dwt (the links on this case), it doesn't automatically update the pages on the localhost. I have to delete the pages in localhost, reupload it, and then open it in dreamweaver, then it is updated. It's too many work.

Another things, I got these red check marks on the pages in the localhost (which should be green).