PDA

View Full Version : Aligning a graphic within a cell - question I shouldn't have to ask...

Feelinggood
11-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Argh! Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated, I am quite new to DW, and web design for that matter, and I have just inherited the basic updating and maintenance of a website that I didn't create, with the requirement that this maintenance be done with DW. I have so far managed to learn it as I went, but today, I can't for the life of me align my graphic to the TOP of a cell space.

I am trying to force my graphic to go to the top of a cell inside a table. I tried the intuitive approach... drag and drop the graphic into the cell, clicking on the graphic then right-click it to bring the contextual menu up and chose TOP from the align menu, but no go. So much for intuitive interface... anyways, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

domedia
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Images are inline elements and cannot be moved to the top of a parent box element by using valign. Valign only works within the line of text the image is in.

Use valign in the TD cell instead:
<td valign="top">

Another option is also to stop using tables for general page layout.

Feelinggood
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Thank you Domedia, and thanks for the advice about moving away from tables for layout. Unfortunately I am still quite new to all of this and therefore taking it one step at a time... Cheers.