PDA

View Full Version : Please can some one help, i am new to dreamweaver

Lekan
11-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Basically i have set up my page layout using a layout table and layout cells, i want to put borders around my layout cells which you see on a lot of websites eg www.myspace.com (http://www.myspace.com), i think it makes the page look neater. I have searched how to do it on goggle, in one forum they spoke about using Classes or Tags, i tried this but after about three hours i still could not do it, tell a lie i achieved it on one box but did not know how i done it. Basically i clicked on the layout cell border when highlighted i tried to set border colour, thickness etc but when i viewed this in my browser nothing had changed, can anyone walk me through how i can achieve borders around my layout cells please, thanks

Ricky55
11-19-2007, 03:23 PM
You really need to do some basic tutorials mate.

But in the meantime, if you put your cursor inside your table then if you come down to the bottom of your page at the bottom of the white space) you should see the <table> tag.

Select this to select your table, now simply enter in the properties inspector the values you want. Select a colour for your border give your border a thickness by increasing the border value, enter values for cell pad and cellspace enter 0 if you don't want any padding.

Thats all there is to it, unless you style the table using CSS.

Cheers

Ricky55

Lekan
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for that will give it a go, yeah i am new to dreamweaver been learning as i go along, tried the css thing but will go into more depth at a later stage, cheers