PDA

View Full Version : 403 Forbidden error on click 4 myphpadmin

Mark Duffy
11-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi

I have deleted use port 80 in skype and now following Neon’s instructions on the video I get

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8e mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.4 Server at localhost Port 80
Again there are loads of references to this if you check Google. Has anyone had this issue and overcome it or just if you know the answer.

Mark Duffy
11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Answering my own post. Again. I must be unpopular.

I am not here long and am not an expert but there is a fault in WAMP 1.74.

The example here used by Neon Flux is WAMP 1.73. On the WAMP site all the shortcuts from older versions go to the latest version. However you can get 173 here http://downloads.jlbn.net/

I downloaded it and all the issues mentioned in other posts were no more. It loaded as shown in the VTM on this site.

Pity that our friends at WAMP borrowed a Microsoft tool and upload a version which does not work.

neonfluxx
11-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Mark,

Hold the fort here dude. First of all by the earlier post I see you have IIS installed on your server. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. You cannot have IIS installed and expect WAMP to work. You are conflicting the local servers. WAMP takes the Place of IIS and if it is installed then you will have serious problems. Next, that screen looks very close to being windows 2003 server.. If so thats not gonna work either. Put it on the local machine with xp or vista. 2003 use a domain structure namely active directory and this is not what WAMP was developed for.

Mark Duffy
11-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks anyhow I am up and running. I am hoping that I can still use the concept of WYSIWYG. I am starting to use the videos, which are excellent. First is PHP - A Beginners Guide by David Jackson.

I have located a copy of SQL manager 2005 so I can follow the tutorial. However a lot has changed since then. No disrespect to David Jackson and I genuinely appreciate the dedication and effort put in to help others, but will there be a tutorial coming out soon with more recent releases.

davidj
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
i have covered nothing which wont work in the latest version

I'm sure it was php 5 when i created those vids

the vids introduce you to hand coding and PHP don't drop functions from one build to another. They just depreciate although they still work. changes between 4 and 5 are vast under the skin but the topics i have covered wont cause you any problems.

additionaly...

regarding EMS mysql manager

again this covers nothing that is going to push it limits. New builds may include procedures and UDF's (user defined functions) support but I'm not teaching you advanced MYSQL techniques. Creating db's and tables will probably stay the same

Mark Duffy
11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I am going through the vids. making the odd mistake and then recreating a new database as I have not bothered to find out how to delete a database. I am preparing a list of questions. But as soon as a question is added I find out the answer. Apart from the odd difference it's all the same.

All I would say for others following me is that if the PhPAdmin has ben used, following the Neon Fluxx video then remember that a pass word for for local host has been set.