PDA

View Full Version : Restricted from running scripts

Tanzawa
11-13-2007, 06:03 PM
I realize that Spry is new so there's not a whole lot of information here (yet) on it, but I keep getting the security pop-up about running scripts when I try to incorporate an accordian menu on a webpage. Any thoughts as to how to get around this?

Thanks!!

Jittor
11-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Do you have JavaScript enabled on you browser?

Tanzawa
11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Woops! No, I didn't have it enabled. But do you think that others visiting the site will have it enabled? I'd hate to incorporate a Spry menu if the majority of users will run into this same problem.

I may forego the Spry menu to avoid any problems. But by any chance, do you know of a good tutorial for a tree-type menu? I'm looking to do something similar to what Gensler has (www.gensler.com (http://www.gensler.com)), but preferabley not Flash based.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jittor
11-13-2007, 08:05 PM
That's the problem with JavaScript...it can be turned off. The good thing about spry is it's easy, it degrades fairly nice (meaning browsers that don't support Spry will still show it only without the function) I have a spry DropDown and love it and have had no problems with it. I would think most people would have it on, but I am sure others might disagree.

As for your Tree type menu, Try a search for a CSS menu.