11-06-2007, 09:13 AM
This is a dreamweaver forum mate!!

A good app is are Adobe Premier Pro.

indianleo
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks for replying so which is best forum fo this

Jittor
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Not a big fan of Premier, I prefer Final Cut Pro and us it every day, but I'm on a MAC. If I was on a PC I would go with Premier because it's relatively cheap for all that you get. I used to use Avid a lot but it cost more.

Also, I think Ricky55 was saying that this whole forum is really for Dreamweaver, not just that section. Post like these would go into the "Dreamweaver Club Cafe" forum since it doesn't really fit into any other section. Just because it's not about DW doesn't mean you can't ask it, just post it in the correct section to avoid confusion.

A lot of us here work with more than just DW - in this day in age your almost forced to know a number of programs.- Like I said, I have use the 3 most popular editing systems and going by "getting the most for your buck" I prefer Apple's Final Cut Pro (on a MAC) and Adobe Premier Pro (on a PC).

Ricky55
11-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah final cut is supposed to be very good but like you say it is Mac only.

Premier seems one of the most common on the PC.

Ricky55
11-06-2007, 03:03 PM
BTW Jittor do you do all your work on the mac?

I'm getting a new mac book pro this weekend I can't wait to try it. Never used a mac before just want to see what they are like for myself.

Do you prefer the mac or the PC then jittor?

Jittor
11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
for most things I do prefer a MAC to a PC. They take a bit to get used to because they are kinda ass backwards compared to a PC. They are better at multi tasking and more stable in my opinion. I also use a Wacom tablet with my MAC and I love it.

I have a PC at home and a MAC at the office and since I got the MAC I find myself wishing I had it at home too.

neonfluxx
11-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Editing is what I do for a living. I have my ace certification. I will break this down for you as easy as possible.

People all have their favorites but the top three are most diffenetly Avid, Smoke and Final Cut. However Avid with a full series adrenalline is about 30,000 and that dosen't include a render farm and Autodesk Smoke is about the same. Nothing and I mean nothing beats Avid and Smoke most movie houses and video production houses in Hollywood build around these two programs.

Now the second best but still professional grade:

Final Cut Studio 2 is really making it's mark. The upgrades of Motion and now awesome and I mean awesome color grading application "COLOR". Lots of studios and TV stations are switching to FCS. The complete studio will cost you about 1700 with shake included.

As for Adobe Premiere: It's not bad, but it damn sure isn't good either. it is really for the home user or the guy who does wedding videos and thats about it. the codecs for rendering suck and the way it multiclips is a joke.

So what i would recommend is this: if you plan to do this as a career or want make a professional class product than use one of the big three, if not and just doing home videos than Adobe will be fine.

I hope this helps.

I have done projects for universal studios, disney, WB, sony and numerous other hollywood studios. I have been in the editing industry for 20 years so i have a large knowledge and I am well versed in all. You can PM me if you need further assistance.

As for the PC / Mac question from rick i say this. I changed to mac fulltime when the G5 came out and let me tell you what a blessing that has been. PC's are crap compared to MAC. I now have a 8 core at work and a G5 at home and they both rock. LOVE THE HELL OUT OF THEM. I will be purchasing the new macpro when it comes out here soon. On a scale from 1 to 10 mac is a 200 over PC.

Jittor
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
As for the PC / Mac question from rick i say this. I changed to mac fulltime when the G5 came out and let me tell you what a blessing that has been. PC's are crap compared to MAC. - On a scale from 1 to 10 mac is a 200 over PC.

Amen to that!

I have a G5 as well, with the 23in HD Cinema Display and I love it. I used Avid Express in college and loved it, but knew that the real Avid was much MUCH more expensive, and probably never get to work on a real avid because they are so highend. I worked in an Avid Symphony once. I am not on FCS 2 with the new motion and it is crazy cool. I prefer FCS. I have adobe at home and it does suck, but I don't have a MAC at home.....YET!

Newin
11-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I've worked with Sony vegas, is is very cool, easy to use and it does amazing things, I think newx time I'll try Avid cause I've heard relly good thing about it!

Newin
11-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Sony Vegas 8 Rocks!!!

neonfluxx
11-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Actually it might fit your needs but vegas is a freaking joke. If your gonna move to avid than you better get 10,000 together because thats what a small setup it gonna cost. Oh by the way that doesn't include the adrenaline. So good luck with that. Oh by the way just an FYI but 11 out of 12 academy award winning films were edited with avid. No such thing as vegas in the professional world.

Newin
11-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Vegas has fit all my need so far, of course when I start doing professional work I will look at the possibility of switching to Avid, although Vegas 8 has really cool features...

:grin:

neonfluxx
11-13-2007, 07:47 AM
You haven't seen features till you have seen a fully toped out adrenaline. Real time that is unmatched and plugged into a deko and you can run a damn tv station off that shizit. Give it a shot you won't regret it.

Jittor
11-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Newin - have you tried anything other than Vegas?

Newin
11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I have worked only with vegas since I got into the Video editing thing, My grandpa introduced me to it, he works on University where they use Vegas in the Communication department

Cheers

neonfluxx
11-15-2007, 03:14 AM
I see. Well that makes a lot of sense since avid is so expensive and most schools have a limited budget and vegas is cheap. Good luck with it and when your ready to switch I will do some VTMs for the forum.

Jittor
11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
My School have Avid Xpress, Final Cut, and Premier. But they only taught us Avid Xpress. How do Xpress compare to a true Avid setup - other then the obvious (price).

Side question - what screen capture program do you use for your VTMs on your MAC?