PDA

View Full Version : new way of doing login and lost password?

nanny
11-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi I have a few customers who are at work e.g. their business and using the computer system at work wanting to use my website - lost their password for login - can't use their email to retreive.
I found some government sites are doing the login differently.
Now a person doesn't need an email address.
If you lost your password you answer one question, then taken through a session to answer another question if you got the first one correct.
Answering the second question correctly you can build your new password.
Once you have done this you are taken to login with the new password but before you get to see your administration - account history/details - you are asked a third question. If you get this one correct you have all your details showing.
Now I can get the session rolling with questions and building the new password and logging in but can't work out how to not show all details until they have aswered the third question correctly.
Is this done via the question determining the level of id the person has?

Any ideas???
Thanks

davidj
11-02-2007, 10:28 AM
ok

every time you get a question correct increment a count ++

check the count == 3 then display the data

nanny
11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks I will give this a go I have three questions and answers in the database.

davidj
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
did you get this done?

nanny
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
hi I have put the questions and answers into the database - fiddled alot with a few ideas and came up with having the questions in a separate field connecting to the registration table via foreign key.
The questions will be a drop down list so they can select the question they want to answer.
I haven't done the lost password yet to start the session and I am still thinking to have access levels for the admin and maybe show the third question after login to be processed before showing detail.
That is as far as I have got.
I am also trying to get my php do for my dynamic drop down of states to be able to have multiple select.
I have used your tutorial on the drop down from country to state and works well.
I have used the state[] in the name of the drop down. I also have my error coding if the state is left empty, but not sure how to ge it to stay sticky with the multiple selection on resubmit for errors.
Any ideas?
I am also trying to get a random code to happen only once on resubmit, I guess that is using a session and if the $_POST == $_SESSION you destroy the session.
Getting there slowly.

davidj
11-22-2007, 08:09 AM
nanny

great your getting there

do me a fav and post any Q's seperatly and ill go over them individually