PDA

View Full Version : creating a automatic mailing system

gavimobile
11-01-2007, 01:23 PM
hey folks,

i would like to make a php software (NOT A DOWNLOADED SCRIPT) which will send an email to selected email addresses from the mysql members table. i want the emails to be able to send selected information from my other mysql table. is this a complex script to build?

dj - before u say anything, my php knowledge has improved i completly bailed on dreamweaver for a while already and ive been doing everything by hand. ur tutorials were very helpful, thanks

gavimobile
11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
maybe a few pointers. maybe if i had an idea of how this would work i could try to built something. any suggestions are appreciated!

davidj
11-01-2007, 06:34 PM
need more information

gavimobile
11-01-2007, 09:31 PM
dj. i have a members table which i call users. it has a field called email which they are required to fill out when they register. now i have another table which we can call table2 for now, and table2 has information which i wish to send to all the users of table "users".

i also have an admin table which can add edit remove and delete data from table2 like ur dwc.php. i want admin users to be able to send an e-mail to all the email addresses from the users table with information from table2!
this is a good start for me. what can i do to start?

also i dont know what the mail() function is capable of doing, is working with mail.pl better than mail(). let me know ur piece of mind :-)!

davidj
11-02-2007, 11:10 AM
ok

the mail() function is as powerful as the perl command so stick with the PHP command

you know how to loop through your db values and echo them to the page yes?