PDA

View Full Version : What does this warning mean?

m1a2x3x7
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
PHP Warning: Module 'mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

<?php

echo "hello world";

?>

Thats all the code I have. Awhile ago I tired talking the company I work for to add php to their server (a bunch of asp guys) and I think they were able to get php up and running but not mysql is this more of a server problem?

davidj
10-23-2007, 12:51 PM
so they cant get MYSQL running?

and have not installed it?

m1a2x3x7
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Well they said they would try to install php and mysql then they told us they are not going to do it. Well months later I'm like I'm gonna try it just to see. So I created a simple echo and it shows up but the error comes with it. So I'm guessing they don't have mysql properly installed?

What I don't understand is why I get a warning for mysql when I'm asking for anything from it?

domedia
10-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Look for another host, why would you even put up with that?

m1a2x3x7
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
it's not a host it our company server. I'm a designer and the IT guys are a bunch of asp guys. I cant go in and say we are changing host. LOL

I did this http://www.ibj.com/webdev/test.php

go figure I understand everything until I get down to where it talks about mysql.

and as you can see when you get to the bottom theres to good ol warning.

davidj
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
PHP has been installed out of the box so I'm guessing the module that hooks into MYSQL has been installed as well and because MYSQL is not installed your PHP build cant find it and therefore you get an error

I'm guessing here but thats what it sounds like

get your Techies to install WAMP on your test server for development purposes and then you will get MYSQL working as well. They are having problems installing MYSQL so let the WAMP package configure it for them. There is little difference from installing it separately and once installed the administrators can configure each technology separately

m1a2x3x7
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
ok i dont have access to the server files nor will they do anything with php anymore. It was a request i had and they tried and failed and gave up. Is there a code i can put into my .php they will eliminate the error message? I dont have access to the .ini file =/ It's not really for project use. When i get caught up with work I like to demo with php.

davidj
10-23-2007, 01:52 PM
afraid not

if your in development you should at least have access to the server or request a stand-alone machine with it on.

I would approach your line manager and sell your requirements to him so he can put a business case together in order to give you access to the server and the PHP installation

You could get them to comment out all associations to MYSQL on the module section of the PHP.ini file. I'm guessing here though as i have never had an issue with this before and bath in the luxury of having an open system whilst washing my self down with administration access and a fully working MYSQL database.. The water is very warm and pleasing!