PDA

View Full Version : creating subtle image depth?

dsnyder
10-20-2007, 06:39 PM
I'd like to create a bit of subtle depth to the four major images on this page:

http://cellocelli.com/hometest.htm

I added the gray border and have experimented with the edge thickness and soft/hardness but can't seem to get any depth. How would I create a very subtle drop shadow type effect on the border of say this image?

http://cellocelli.com/Images/BkGrd/broot.png

Thanks!

domedia
10-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're after, but look at these 2 images.
The first one adds a shadow inside the border you have on the image, while the second one blurs the outer regions of the image a little .

btw: did you check my message (PM) yet? top right of this window should say if you have messages or not.

Cary
10-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Or maybe something like this?

davidj
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM
copyright infriction!

call the internet police

publishing notation without paying the music industry 50 billion pounds is an offence

Cary
10-20-2007, 11:17 PM
It's just an excerpt for educational purposes. Yeah, that's it!

davidj
10-20-2007, 11:23 PM
your honour.....

I'm Innocent

It's just an excerpt for educational purposes

dsnyder
10-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Thanks guys,
Cary, that was basically what I was thinking. What did you do? Thanks for the help/tips!

-derek

dsnyder
10-21-2007, 03:17 AM
sorry, think I got it. Drop shadow under effects?

Cary
10-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Yep, I added the drop shadow filter to the rectangle. I left it in png format so you could see it in Fireworks.

edbr
10-22-2007, 06:29 AM
your honour.....

I'm Innocent

It's just an excerpt for educational purposes
did you follow the demise of www. olga.net?

davidj
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
yes

be very careful when posting using material that could be deemed as protected or copyrighted.

My post in this thread was a light hearted attempt at humour but the copyright police can jump on you for the slightest innocent infringement of the law.

A friend of mine was warned about 10 year ago when it was still a grey area. He had a midi file playing of a comedy tune on his cartoon strip site. He basically received a proforma to fill out regarding how many times the file was downloaded in a month in order for the owner of the tune to calculate a cost of royalties. He replaced it with a classical midi tune and he heard no more about it. He was lucky

domedia
10-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Funny enough, in the U.S. where copyright laws are pretty strong, using excerpts are allowed.