PDA

View Full Version : Date format

Emstrur
10-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi :)
I am about to deliver a website with an Access database connection. Everything is working great except the date format. Originally when I set up the data table I used the default format for date/time in Access. After I made the connection in Dreamweaver I intended to highlight the date field and define the date form by going through Application/Format, which I did. Unfortunately nothing happens and no matter what I define I always get this format for the date: 15.10.2007 08:57:54. For this particular website this is a bit to much of a detail.
Does anyone have a solution? :roll:
Einar

davidj
10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
what that is is a date time stamp

try changing the field type from date / time stamp to date unless you want to retain that format in the db

in php there is a number of different option i have like using a substring function or an explode but im not sure what you have available in ASP

Emstrur
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Thank you for your reply davidj
:)
In Access when you define the Data Type for the field in the table, you only have the Date/Time option. There is no separate Date or Time option. On the other hand you can choose a Format for the Date/Time option. You can actually choose from seven options. In my database I selected a date format only, no time format.
What bothers me is a complete lack of response from Dreamweaver. The software simply doesn’t respond to any of the options, but delivers the same number sequence again.
So I was hoping someone would have an answer here in the club, either to hand code or a DW solution.
Best regards
Einar

mangofreak
01-27-2008, 01:06 AM
What about changing your DB field to text instead of date and make sure you show the date on your script. I personally do that, also in case you want to upsize to MS SQL.

<%
Dim sDate
sDate = "1/1/2008"

Response.Write sDate
%>
<br />

<%= Response.write (FormatDateTime(sDate,1))%>

If does not apply to your problem. Please disregard.

J.