PDA

View Full Version : member titles and graphic for # of posts

Jittor
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I noticed that the graphic that corresponds with the number of post a members has doesn't match with the text version of that.

For example, A member that has 1 post is has a "New Member" graphic but the text above it says "Junior Member".

I found that interesting and was wondering what the concept behind that was or if it is one of those "I'll fix t later things"

domedia
10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
The basic concept was to see how long it would take before anyone noticed.. I think DJ guessed 3 weeks, and I 3 days. Since it's been over a year I guess DJ wins ;-)

Actually never thought about it.. maybe we should just remove the text version? It's not like it has a function when the graphic is there.

Jittor
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, the Senior Member in me say to not remove it, but the Gold Member in me is bigger and badder so he just told Senior to shut it. ;)

That's up to you Administrator Diamond Member, but if you do remove it I would make a new graphic for Admins so members know who you are.

domedia
10-10-2007, 04:48 PM
ah.. or maybe remove the text and make a new graphic for moderator/administrators?

Jittor
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
but if you do remove it I would make a new graphic for Admins so members know who you are.

Is there an echo in here? :)

Hello....

hhhhhheeeeeelllllllooooo.....
hhhheeeelllllooo.....
hheeelllloo.....

domedia
10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
heh, ok, I need more coffee, things are slipping :mrgreen:

Jittor
10-10-2007, 07:29 PM
that was me yesterday......welcome to the club!

davidj
10-10-2007, 08:27 PM
SHOW ME YOUR HANDS .... LEAVE THE DIAMONDS WHERE THEY ARE AND WALK AWAY FROM THE FORUM...!

//////////////

Personally I would have 10 or 20 more levels which would add interest like every 20 posts would reveal a different level. Just adds more incentive no mater how insignificant

Jittor
10-11-2007, 02:56 PM
That's a good idea, I don't know about 20 but changing levels, maybe every 100 posts would be like a little incentive for members to post here first. It's like the ebay stars, or Karate Belts.

Hi, I'm Davidj, I'm a 3rd degree Diamond Member, and I could could kill you with my hand of death technique. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!