PDA

View Full Version : how comes i can drag off images in safari

rph105
10-10-2007, 04:22 AM
im using a mac, and creating a site, but i can drag off images from safari, images tht i dont want to drag off like buttons, ive been on other sites and when u drag the button the image doesnt drag, how can i achieve this.

thanks in advance

Raph

Jittor
10-10-2007, 03:02 PM
that's just how MAC browsers work. I can do that in Safari and FireFox. It's the same as right clicking and saving as. I can do this on every site I go to, unless it's a CSS background or something these you can just get it from the code. If your worried about people stealing images, place a water mark on them because there is always a way to get the images.

rph105
10-10-2007, 07:22 PM
that's just how MAC browsers work. I can do that in Safari and FireFox. It's the same as right clicking and saving as. I can do this on every site I go to, unless it's a CSS background or something these you can just get it from the code. If your worried about people stealing images, place a water mark on them because there is always a way to get the images.

yh i kno MAC browsers do that, but when i go on certain sites and try to drag there buttons, the image doesnt come off, just a grey box with the link name inside it, is there anyway i can do this???

Jittor
10-10-2007, 07:29 PM
humm, not sure. Do you remember the site - we can look at their code as see what they did.

domedia
10-10-2007, 07:37 PM
View->Source

rph105
10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
humm, not sure. Do you remember the site - we can look at their code as see what they did.

Yeh Check www.stage6.com the navigation bar at the top, when u try to drag off u cant, u just drag off a link name

Jittor
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
ahh, that is because they are using an image as a button background using CSS. So the image displays but you cannot actually grab it, only the link. Notice that you can do this on their other graphics, like the "Help Us Find Hope" graphic. That's because it's not a background image

rph105
10-10-2007, 11:01 PM
ahh, that is because they are using an image as a button background using CSS. So the image displays but you cannot actually grab it, only the link. Notice that you can do this on their other graphics, like the "Help Us Find Hope" graphic. That's because it's not a background image

ok thank u so much

Jittor
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Do you know CSS? Do you want to know how to do it like that or were you just wonder why it was happening?

rph105
10-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Do you know CSS? Do you want to know how to do it like that or were you just wonder why it was happening?

YES PLEASEE!!! if you could tell me how to do it, i'll be more than grateful

Thanksss

neonfluxx
10-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Here learn it. http://solardreamstudios.com/_img/learn/css/cssmenus/index-horiz.html

You do not get personal instruction in a forum.