PDA

View Full Version : keywords

dsnyder
10-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm wanting to be thourough but not overly so with my keywords. Would anyone advise me?

If I'm wanting to advertise cello sheet music by Dave Brubeck should I do:

1. cello, music, sheet music, solo cello, cello ensemble, dave brubeck, brubeck cello music, brubeck arrangements for cello...

or

2. cello sheet music dave brubeck solo ensemble...

I've been told both to use commas & not to use them...any more advice or a good explanation?

Thanks as always,
dsnyder

domedia
10-07-2007, 03:50 PM
If it's for the meta keywords, it doesn't matter. They're completely ignored by all major search engines.
If it's for advertising, like AdWords, you can use the keyword tool in your account to find which ones are more searched than the other.

dsnyder
10-07-2007, 05:09 PM
If it's for the meta keywords, it doesn't matter. They're completely ignored by all major search engines.
If it's for advertising, like AdWords, you can use the keyword tool in your account to find which ones are more searched than the other.

I'm using them as a head tag for search engines. So that doesn't matter any more?

domedia
10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
5 years ago since they all gave it up :)

dsnyder
10-07-2007, 09:52 PM
5 years ago since they all gave it up :)

Damn! My designing skills are a lot younger than that. We're talking meta tag keywords, correct? Seems that all the current books are talking about them.

domedia
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
It's so long ago that meta keywords had any influence on search results in major engines.. so if you read/see/hear anyone claiming them to be any value in SEO... then fire them, burn the book, unsubscribe from the audio blog etc. 8)

If any current books are saying that meta keywords have value in SEO, I'd like to know which books. The authors should be confronted on this issue, especially when engines have publicly confirmed this years ago. It's actually pretty horrendous. Are you sure these are not books from pre 2000? :confused:

There are no magic shortcuts you can take in SEO, and content is still (unless you want to be a black hat) in the core of it all. Sometimes it can be pretty simple though.. google 'linkbaiting' and 'seo social networks'.

dsnyder
10-09-2007, 09:25 PM
So what are you saying? :) Maybe my thoughts on the keyword meta tags came from old internet posts. Times do change. I am going back and paying attention to using helpful keyword in my headings and content. That should be more effective, huh?

Thanks,
d