PDA

View Full Version : how can i get my EDIT MODE back ? ? ?

minpot
10-06-2007, 02:18 AM
I dont know how to get back my edit mode . . . . i'm editing some tables and frames for a webgallery and now my edit/design view is not there . . . . . . can anyone tell me what did i do wrong? or what i'm not doing ?
Thanks

d a v e
10-06-2007, 07:24 AM
on that screen shot you have it says in the middle near the top "expanded tables mode: EXIT", try clicking on the 'exit' link and see what happens ;)

minpot
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
:( ( ( ( nothing happens when i exit the "expanded tables mode" I went to it trying to find a space to put mycursor in order to get back to edit mode . . .

I have been trying to do this for the whole week, setting up a webgallery in photoshop and then bringing it to dreamweaver and trying to play/adjust the settings, I'm trying to accomodate the webtemplate to fit my currrent site design . . . . and in a previous try i've done , i had the edit mode, and i was playing around changing size of images, of tables, etc . . . . but as you can see, this time, i dont know where DID my edit deisgn mode went : ( ( (

Here is a new screet shot so you can see is the same thing . . . . my workspace is not allowing me to edit . . . .

d a v e
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
looks like you are back in edit mode there from that 2nd screenshot. can't you just click on that yellow </td> tag and delete and the go from there??

minpot
10-06-2007, 08:57 PM
here are 3 screen shots so you can see the difference . . . why the thumbnails file, the photo file are there for me to edit if i wanted to, and not the index file for me to edit as i want to ?
gosh this is a puzzle which has me stucked without being able to proceed my work . . . .
any other ideas why ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? i had my right screen previously during the week, but now i am not being able to see it . . . . :( where did it go ? ?
Hey david thanks again

minpot
10-06-2007, 09:00 PM
photos.xml file

minpot
10-06-2007, 09:03 PM
i got rid of the <ta> yellow tag that was there. .and nothing . . . . . . again this is my screen shot for the index page of my photowebgallery. . . .

minpot
10-06-2007, 09:17 PM
i wanted to post the screet shot how i see it on the browser (which is the actual gallery) but is not the forum is not allowing me to put more attachements

Jittor
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Minpot,

By Edit mode do you mean code view or design view? I'm a little confused by what your problem is.

minpot
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
i understand your confussion . . . . because i'm self taught (if that is a word in the english language, actually i dont know if it is) i dont know the exact terminology of webdesign.
Yes i mean the design mode . . . although you can also edit in the code mode, but as youi can imagine i know very very little of html coding.
Its the design mode where i SHOULD be able to see my different tables and stuff to change as i see it.
BTW . . . . i have another doubt here: when i have a table and then another table underneath that one . . . and i want them to be together without any space in between them . . . i have not been able to do it . . . . any suggestions to guide me?
thanks

Jittor
10-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Did you get your design mode working again?

Rohen
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Dude I have the same problem, I've had it for weeks. I have no idea how to enable the Design Mode.

Whenever I open a PHP file, it enables again. But whenever I'm working with CSS and HTML files it's grayed out again, I can't get Design Mode to work.

BTW It's not like I use it at all. It just realllly bugs me to not know how to work something on a piece of software I use on a reg basis.

Can anyone help me?

Did you solve your problem, whoever posted this question???:confused: