PDA

View Full Version : Time sheets for site construction

Kymberly
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I wonder if any one can help me out. I am supposed to do a time sheet for a website but I have no idea what it should look like or the content I should include. I know the likely response is going to be, "What The!!" but I really need to see a time sheet example so if you know where I can view one, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

edbr
10-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I would ask the customer what he needs it isnt always the same. A time sheet usually needs time spent on site and on what part of the project. It would be I guess for time allocation per phase/job and payment.
As my history is in construction . I would need confirmation that time claimed can be verified

Kymberly
10-03-2007, 01:14 AM
The time sheet should have validation of the site, WAI Priority (some of).
The fact of the matter is, what was required on the time sheet only took about 5 to 10 minutes to do?? So I don't see the point of the time sheet but as one is 'required' I have to produce it. I am not sure what a time sheet looks like nor if there is a common template used with web design. I have been researching on the net but can't find anything.

I also assumed that the validation and conforming to WAI 'law' or some there of, was all part of the price of a professionally designed site?

I feel lost with this.

edbr
10-03-2007, 01:34 AM
I cant believe there is a common template for this. It must reflect the customers needs,no?Is it for printing or for completing on line? If for online then it will be a form. I am not suprised you are lost this sounds over complicated.

edbr
10-03-2007, 01:38 AM
found this
http://www.jarmin.com/accessibility/techniques/wai1.html

Kymberly
10-03-2007, 01:54 AM
I have seen this site before and then didn't bookmark it and couldn't find it again so thank you for that.

I do need an indication of how a time sheet should look for this particular issue.

Thanks for your help.

edbr
10-03-2007, 02:34 AM
google office has some timesheets for download

Kymberly
10-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Thanks for that. I was beginning to think I would have to make my own template. I am not so good at this sort of thing. Lack of knowledge in this field I am afraid.

Thanks again.

Kymberly
10-03-2007, 03:19 AM
I can't find the templates in googleoffice.com ??

edbr
10-03-2007, 04:24 AM
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/google-powered-office-tools-discussion/web/timesheets-downlods

Kymberly
10-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Thanks for that. It appears I was in the wrong site. Oh, how very unusual of me to get lost...

Thanks for hanging in there to help.
------------------------------------------
Oh boy..! Just when you thought I was done and out of your hair. I have to download .Net framework to use the templates. Is this going to alter anything in my computer?

edbr
10-03-2007, 05:11 AM
dont have a clue Im afraid. I really think you have to think about this.
is this a form for download printing only
sending by mail
saving in a database
what information does the client want
answer these and then it is clearer what you should do.
you should not have to guess what the client needs

davidj
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
is this a dynamic time sheet for employees to login and key

Kymberly
10-06-2007, 10:20 AM
This time sheet was to show the amount of time it took to apply some of the WAI features and to validate the website through W3C. I might add, I chose a selection of very popular sites and ran them through W3C to validate and all of them had errors. Some of them over 70.

I have the information that I needed now. Thanks for your help guys.

Very much appreciated.