PDA

View Full Version : Borders in dreamweaver

DMC
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi,

please see pic attached. I would really like to know if those borders can be created using dreamweaver without any css style, etc. Are they simple to achieve? thanks in advance.

DMC

Jittor
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Looks like you have 2 steps of borders? To do it without CSS and just HTML you would have to put them into a table. Then give the table a black border. Then give the images inside a black border or 1px and add some padding. Tables are a pain and it sounds easy typing it out but sometimes it just doesn't work how you want it to. Without CSS the padding might be equal on the opposite side as well?

Or just do it in Photoshop. Are you planning on adding text below the images or something? What are you planning on using this for?

Anyone have any other ideas?

DMC
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
thanks for reply.

yes, i am planning on having text under the pics. I donīt want to do it in photoshop because then they become images and i donīt know how to put the text (or if it is possible).

Iīll try what you said and see how it works

thanks again!

DMC

Jittor
10-02-2007, 09:57 PM
unless you split the row into columns and place each picture in the column as a background, then you could add the text but you would have to space down (hit enter) until the text was below the pic and in the area you want it. Might work but might not be consistent in the way it looks.

You can add the text in PS but it wont be search able by the search engines and you would have to update the graphic every time you want to change the text.

edbr
10-03-2007, 02:05 AM
why without css? it can be done this way

domedia
10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
mmmyea, just float each of the boxes to one side and give them the normal height, width etc.