PDA

View Full Version : Website doesn't appear after uploading

KJHawkins
10-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I have uploaded all my files to my webhost but the image and movie files aren't appearing when I check my site. My home page is index.html (all lower case) so can someone tell me if I am uploading wrong or need to put files in a certain order. My root folder has all my pages and these are linked to folders with images and movies, the links are correct so I don't understand why I am getting the little red x's on my site page. This is my first time publishing so any advice would be useful. It looks fine when I check it in Dreamweaver web view.

domedia
10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
URL please

KJHawkins
10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
www.khawkinsdesign.com

I have taken everything off and started again only uploading two pages (one being index.html) from Dreamweaver so ignore the links not working. Under activity it tells me certain image/movie files are missing when I do a web view on my server they appear. These files are uploaded.

Thanks for your help on this.

domedia
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
../images/home.jpg
they point to a place outside your web directory.

Jittor
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't see any broken images?

KJHawkins
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your help, I realised what wasn't helping also was the web directory was built in the 'sites' part on Mac. Apparently unless you are using this as your FTP site the files should be based outside of this folder.