PDA

View Full Version : Loading Images

BIG David
09-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi!

How can I get my images to appear right away in lower quality and gradually fade into their full resolution instead of having them appear once they are fully loaded?

Basically, I don't want my page to load one image at a time...
I know there is such a function, and just can't remembre how to do it!

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
Here is the URL : http://www.artstapin.com/

Cary
10-01-2007, 03:54 AM
You could use a "Low Src" image. With the img tag selected just look in the Properties window. To the right of V Space and H Space should be Target and Low Src. I use Fireworks with DW so sometimes the Low Src gadget is replaced by the FW source gadget pointing to source png images.

Basically, it just adds this lowsrc attribute within your img tag.

lowsrc="lowrez.jpg"

d a v e
10-01-2007, 06:00 AM
you could save all the jpegs as progressive jpegs but ie6 (and 7??) don't support progressive jpegs (i think) so that's probably a waste of time. why do you want to do this anyway??

chriskq
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
you can load all of the images u need using the onBoadLoad javascript event.

then u should use a javascript image scroller so you dont need to load a new page each time a user presses a button.

Now when a user clicks next or previous it will instantly load the picture without having to load a new page as all the images have now been cached.

domedia
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
you could save all the jpegs as progressive jpegs but ie6 (and 7??) don't support progressive jpegs (i think) so that's probably a waste of time. why do you want to do this anyway?? True, virtually every browser that supports the IMG tag, supports progressive JPG's, except for IE....

Jittor
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
except for IE....

Naturally!

Do you have that many graphics? Are they large in size?