PDA

View Full Version : how to create comment box

rph105
09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi All

I'd like to put a comment input box on my page, so users can add comments on pieces of art they see, I'd like them to be able to input their comment, their name and email address and submit it.

I would then like it to appear underneath the artwork they're commenting on, with their name and date of the posted comment.

could anyone help me do this.

Appreciated and thanks in advance

Raph

chriskq
09-28-2007, 12:45 AM
not such an easy task for a novice - do u have any php experience?

maybe you should look into using wordpress - it has commenting builtin to it, and there are heaps of plugins out there for wp

rph105
09-28-2007, 01:34 AM
not such an easy task for a novice - do u have any php experience?

maybe you should look into using wordpress - it has commenting builtin to it, and there are heaps of plugins out there for wp

dnt have much experience in php but i am MORE than willing to learn :D if you could point me to any tutorials tht'll be helpful

thanks again dude, u answering all my posts

im so grateful

chriskq
09-28-2007, 06:30 AM
first up you should follow Dj's tuts to get php up and running on your development pc.
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-mysql-apache.php (at least the first two, to get ur head around php and whats involved/needed)

after that decide which option you'd like to build first
- a website from sratch, or
- a wordpress site

both are very different, as wordpress required less code knowledge as you can whack plug ins into your site

when installing wamp, make sure you have your IIS turned off.