PDA

View Full Version : newbie - how to check out multiple files

xmlgirl
09-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I need to check out all the *.htm files on my web site. I would prefer not to do this a directory/file at a time. Is there a faster way - I hope?
thanks

Ricky55
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
depend what you mean by check, dreamweaver has a facility to check for broken links, never really used it so i don't know how good it.

it can be found in the site drop down menu.

fwr1000
09-26-2007, 02:15 AM
To check out multiples from the remote site, do a control click on each file you want to check out and then click on the check out icon. If you want to check out the whole site, click on the top most directory of your remote site and then click the check out icon. Never do the second one but it should work just like get and put for multiple files.

Ricky55
09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Sorry I obviously misunderstood what you meant by check out.

xmlgirl
09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
If you want to check out the whole site, click on the top most directory of your remote site and then click the check out icon

Can I set the check out to only check out the .htm files - not all the images, movies, and pdfs, etc?

fwr1000
09-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes, you just need to hold down the Control key and then click (select) each individual file. When all files are selected, click on the check out icon. I don't know of any way to specify only .htm files other than this individual selection method.