PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Flash Mousepointer Problems

Dr. DTV
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I have just created a complex CBT (computer based training) module using Dreamweaver.

When the user mouses over any of my embedded flash movies the mouse pointer turns into a hand and a frame appears around the layer that contains the movie.

This all gives the user the impression that the movie is clickable (which is not true). How do I get rid of these annoying artifacts?

I'm frustrated after two hours of trying to figure out how to have the movies play as movies, not as clickable objects!! :confused:

Ricky55
09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
This is an issue with Internet Explorer. The message says click to activate using this control.

If you embed your swf files using CS3 then this is not a problem, if you have dreamweaver 8 then update to 8.02 with the patch from adobe this will also sort this out if you re-embed your swf files.

If you have an older version of dreamweaver then you need to embed your swf files using swfobject, this will stop this problem.

Swfobject can be downloaded here
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

Its just a script that you use to embed the swf file and will stop the click to activate and it comes with good instructions.

If you still get the hand sybol then this is because flash thinks you want the items to be clickable, in this case you need to add this to your actions

mc.buttonMode=true (for action script 3 flash cs3)
or

mc.useHandCursor = false; (flash 8 or lower) action script 2

where mc is the instance name of your movie clip or button

cheers

ricky55

Ricky55
09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
sorry that would be

mc.buttonMode=false;

for no hand cursor

Jittor
09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Do a search in the forums for this, It has been asked so many times a number of answers should pop up

Dr. DTV
09-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Many thanks, Ricky.

I downloaded 8.02 and the problem went away immediately. All I had to do is let Dreamweaver make the necessary changes for me. Open the page, click on yes in the dialogue box, and life is good.

:)

Dr. DTV
09-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I did a search and found nothing. Probably used the wrong search terms. Oh well...

Ricky55
09-25-2007, 08:27 PM
nice one dr.dtv glad to be of assistance.