PDA

View Full Version : Button Sounds/Swap image

Ted
09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm trying to add over and down sounds to buttons, which also have swap image behaviors in other parts of the page attached. I've found a javascript method that works in Safari, Netscape on PC, not Mac 7.2, but not at all in Firefox, Opera or IE (the controller opens in new window).
All conventional wisdom says use flash buttons, which is fine, except for the swap image behaviors that I need as well. Can't seem to make that happen.
Any ideas?

domedia
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Flash has a better native support for buttons, better than javascript/html/css
Insert->New Symbol->Button

Ted
09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I realize that. But the problem is the associated rollover behavior I need in another part of the page. How can I have a flash button that, on rollover, I get an image swap elsewhere on the page?

domedia
09-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Hmmm.. I think that is impossible unless you make the whole thing inside the same swf. A swf file can send data to a javascript on the same page, but I don't think the same javascript can send data to another swf.

Any other takers?

Ted
09-26-2007, 02:38 PM
That's intriguing. But I don't want the swf to send data to another swf. There isn't one. But can a button swf send data to a javascript on the page that triggers a swap image behavior?

domedia
09-26-2007, 02:51 PM
In theory, yes I believe so. Just like a SWF file can call a JS that will open a browser window for example.