PDA

View Full Version : Text rollover and image

jroliver6
09-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before...but I searched and I couldn't find a solution. I have a navigation bar set as an image because I applied a gradiant to it using illustrator. I want to put text over it and have only the text change color (not a solid background). Here is a site of how I want my navigation to look. Thanks in advance.

http://www.berringtonproperties.com/index.html

Jon
jroliver6@yahoo.com

edbr
09-21-2007, 06:11 AM
i have done this this way. make a 'nav bar division, displays menu items in blocks. make the block height the same as nav bar height and use the same gradient image as a background image ,
with repeat -x.
You can then style your links in the menu with 'a' attributes

Jittor
09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Do you have a link you can show us?

I think the sample you showed us accomplished this by using 2 images. the first it the background with the text normal. The second is the role over with just the text highlighted. Old school way (to me anyway) would be to have a table with all your first menu images in it and the 2nd images as your rollover.

Now, they way I do it now is through CSS. I set it up so the background is an image that does not repeat, and have the text on top of that with a text-decoration as the rollover. Usually from no underline to underline, but you can use images as well. The sample you gave, has the text glow when rolled over so I am assuming that is another image because I don't know of any CSS or code that can do that.

edbr
09-24-2007, 02:01 AM
the only reason for repeat is to use a very small width image