PDA

View Full Version : """ & Dreamweaver Animations

mattchoach
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
I have two questions to ask, one's easy the other probably not so, please feel free to let me know about either, thanks!!!

1. I've got " " (speechmarks) popping up on my site. I think this is because I removed some rogue cells as they were slowing load time (seemed like a good idea at the time!) How can I resolve this?

2. I decided to use some simple (reveal) animation on a couple of my pages; but the page still loads the main content prior to the animation layers so you see the content 1st then it reveals it after the page has loaded, Is there anything I can do so the animation layers load 1st?

Thanks in advance!

domedia
09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi Matt,
You need to show us the page/code.
I'm guessing the quote characters are there because they're in your source, meaning you just have to delete them.

mattchoach
09-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the quick response - the page is at:
www.laundry-uk.net

thanks

Jittor
09-20-2007, 07:31 PM
I didn't see any ""'s. What browser are you viewing it in?

Your site is cool but it is a little confusing. It's hard to figure out where to go. Don't get me wrong, I love sites like this - Kayne West did that for his first album and since then a lot of people started going that rout. The thing is, when it is a site for a business and not for fun, potential clients might get lost , give up and go to some one else's site. For example, your gallery, I was waiting for something to pop up before I was like "oh, I need to find them". Then when I did find them, I wanted to see larger pictures of them and they wouldn't enlarge. I am assuming your still working on issues like this, because the option was there but it was not linked to anything. Also, Your site loaded really slow for me. Was it like this for anyone else?

Again, it's a very cool site, but people looking for some one to do graphics want to see samples and where to get prices not search for where to go next and how to view the samples.

Just my thoughts

mattchoach
09-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your comments...

The " appeared in Safari & Firefox - but now seemed to have vanished (guess thats that question out of the way) - Im concerned about speed & how the page loads also - do you have any suggestions? - I think i went too much on the quality of the file whilst exporting & the animations may again have added to this. - Again suggestions would be appreciated.

With regards to functionality- Its not really for business, I'm not selling so there's no need for costs & there's a reason why I'm only giving out so much (its part of a bigger picture)!!.

It is still a WiP though, so thanks for the comments they will be considered.

Jittor
09-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Your site is mostly white, so all the white slices can be saves as GIF with only 2 colors. Everything else other than the Gallery images are shades of gray so those can be saved as GIFs as well with pretty low colors depending on the shades. I would say now more than 64 would do it.

You site should load really fast since there is little color. I would definally resave for smaller files. I would also consider making your INDEX2.htm your main page and having the gray bars load like your index.htm page. Also, I know you have the text pop in the gray bars when you roll over the link, but until then you can't read what is there, and I keep trying to read it - lol - your call on that, like you said it's part of a bigger picture.