PDA

View Full Version : To google or not to google

kc104
09-15-2007, 07:36 PM
I want to use Google checkout for my payment option, but I dont like the sound of users having to sign up to google checkout first. I want to be able to say, YEP your using google checkout, (and it costs me less than 1/2 paypal ) but all you have to do is put your credit card on my site and thats it, like a proffessional web store. At the moment google checkout stands at 1.25 or 1.5 and then 10p with adwords incentives - it cant be beaten, with any online competitor or taking out a merchant account that isnt going to give you less that 2 percent. Any opinions / corrections on the above. Anyone think that google will introduce single credit card payments without membership? Maybe its a waiting game, we have to wait for google to dominate the e commerce market so EVERYONE has a google account, cos at the moment i see, having to sign up to them, just cos u want to buy 3 items off an online store as a 50 percent turn off rate, i.e. 50 percent of sales fall through when this has to be done. If anyone knows of anything that can compete with google, spill the beans.

Cary
09-16-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't see how one can do money transactions with Google or anywhere else without first being registered. You need a secure connection and sessions and all that good security stuff which isn't otherwise possible.